Sunday, June 19, 2011

Crockpot Apple Crisp

When I asked the hubby what he wanted for his Father's Day breakfast, he first said "cereal is fine." I gave him the "wrong answer" look and reminded him that I feel jipped when there's a holiday and I am not able to cook or bake for it. Then true to form, he requested apple cobbler. For breakfast. {This should not surprise any of his family members!} And a second later, he said - "In the crockpot. Like with granola on it." Leave it to Adam to describe something I have not made before and is different from his original request. No worries, I'm used to it. And it gave me a chance to combine a couple of recipes to create just what he wanted.


Crockpot Apple Crisp

Several Granny Smith apples (enough to fill up the crock pot)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Peel, core and cut up apples into wedges. Drizzle with a bit of lemon juice if desired. Add the sugar and toss to coat.


In a medium bowl combine the oats, brown sugar, flour and nutmeg. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the nuts. Sprinkle mixture over the apples.


Cook on low 3 hours or high 2 hours. Serve warm with ice cream.

Perfect!

1 comment:

  1. I love apple crisp and I actually have a crock pot that is still sitting in the package in our garage that needs to be used! I'm going to have to dig it out and give this a try! Pinned it! Thanks so much for linking up to The Creative Spark. Hope to see you next week!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Ideas? Gossip? :-)