Saturday, May 7, 2011

Frozen Berry Yogurt Pie

Wow, this was REALLY good! I'm not usually a huge fan of frozen desserts, and I am NOT a fan of yogurt. So why did I make it??? Because we were invited to our neighbors' for dinner and I didn't have time to run to the store, so I had to find something with ingredients that we already had in the house! It was so light and just the right amount of sweet to finish off our meal. This recipe will definitely become a favorite at our house.


Frozen Berry Yogurt Pie
1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs
1/4 c sugar
1/3 c butter, melted
2 containers (8 oz each) vanilla yogurt
1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
2 cups berries - I used a frozen blend of raspberries, blackberries & blueberries

Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into 9" pie pan for crust. Put crust in refrigerator to harden a bit. Stir yogurt gently into whipped topping until well blended. Stir in berries. Spoon into crust. Freeze 4 hours or overnight until firm. Let stand in refrigerator AT LEAST 15 minutes before eating so pie can be cut easily (ours was in the refrigerator for a good hour and was still very frozen). Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired.


This actually made more crust and more filling than my pie plate held. So I took custard dishes and pressed the leftover crust into the bottom and filled them with the leftover filling. That way I could try it out before taking it over to our neighbors' house, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Ideas? Gossip? :-)