Sunday, May 16, 2010

Starting a Blog...

I have a passion for baking. And I firmly believe that baking should involve real butter, real sugar, whipping cream, and no substitutes. I honestly don't understand the recipes that use applesauce instead of corn syrup, or try to "hide" vegetables in brownies. Really? If you're going to indulge, do it right and use the good stuff.

I used to feel cheated when a really good recipe took less than an hour to make. Baking to me should be an all-day affair where you use all available counter space, mixing bowls and pans (and my husband would walk in the kitchen and turn around quickly to get out of the mess). However, since my daughter was born, I have found the beauty in recipes that I can prepare in the span of one nap time. So on this blog you will find some fast and delicious recipes, and some more involved recipes (and you know that I had help around the house for those!). I'll be posting some new recipes with ratings of whether I'll make them again, and some old-standbys that our family loves.

So... enjoy, drool, try out some recipes for yourself and let me know what you think. Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Ideas? Gossip? :-)